This tour is fully escorted by knowledgeable guides from Hobbiton and Cjays Tour Group.
- We take you to Hobbiton via the Kaimai Ranges road calling into a Kiwifruit Farm, Honey Shop and a drive through Matamata, a cute little farming community close to Hobbiton. You will be picked up by bus from Shires Rest and transported over to the Movie Set while we wait for your return to continue your day excursion.
- You will spend about 2-3 hours there before we make our way to McLarens Falls ParkMcLaren Falls Park is 190 hectares of parkland set alongside Lake McLaren and is just ten minutes by car, from Tauranga. The park is popular for camping, fishing, kayaking, disc golf course, wedding photos, picnics, bush walks and summertime concerts.
- It is also home to one of the best botanical collections of trees in New Zealand. One of the highlights of the park is the waterfall track where you can see glow worms after dusk. Enjoy a short, easy stroll to the picturesque waterfall and spot the glow worms on either side of the track. Part of the waterfall track is also wheelchair and mobility scooter friendl
- After spending 45 mins to an hour at McLarens Falls it's a short drive to where you well see a vista of Tauranga City (on a clear day) and the group of Islands that surround our Harbour and catching a glimpse of your ship.
- Then you will be taken back to your ship or to the shops which are 10 minutes walk to your ship.