Whakarewarewa Maori Living Village
- On this excursion you will visit many interesting attractions and viewing points. We start by taking you on a drive around Mount Maunganui and Papamoa beach area’s highlighting our many and varied sites. You well pass by our beautiful city and suburbs and learn about our way of life in this part of the world.
- We then visit a Kiwifruit Farm (working) where there is tasting of the fruit, juices and of course our world-famous Ice Cream. Take a stroll to veiw the vines and learn how they are farmed and harvested.
- We then continue our short journey to Rotorua the Geothermal capital of New Zealand taking you to Whakarewarewa Thermal Village. This is a living Maori Village where residents go about their daily chores while you stroll around. You can stop and chat with them and watch as they cook Kai ( food ) in boiling water and of course the original hangi lunch is also available to purchase if you wish.
- There is a cultural performance at 1115 hrs and 1400 hrs daily and is included in your entry fee. After you have seen all you want in the village, we will meet up outside the gate and continue our sightseeing of Rotorua city,
- We then will treat you to a intriguing look at mother nature creating fresh water springs rising out of a river bed , native redwoods, ferns and native plants.
- After this we will drive back to Tauranga stopping at points of interest on the way then back to your ship.