Waitomo Caves/Kiwibird Sanctuary
Waitomo Caves/Kiwi House Excursion
- We first show you our little bit of paradise. While driving through Mount Maunganui and Papamoa Beach area’s we will stop for photo opportunities and see our beautiful beaches with golden sands.
- On our way to Waitomo Caves we will be driving through some of the best scenery in New Zealand. Beautiful green farming land with lakes and rivers and forestry also an abundance of animals. The drive to Waitomo Caves takes approximately 2 hours with a comfort stop if required.
- On our arrival we will collect your reserved tickets and accompany you to where the tour starts. It is a 1 hr 30min (approx.) stroll through the caves (some of it will be by small boat) ending up back where you started and we will be waiting to meet you there.
- Lunch can be purchased at a quaint little café in Otorohanga just 15 mins drive up the road. (Lunch is at own cost).
- After lunch we will drive you to Otorohanga Kiwi House where you will enjoy a very interesting walk. Here you can get up close to our icon the Kiwi Bird as well as other native birds, fish and animals. Kiwi feeding time is 1.30 pm daily. After an hour there we will make our way back to Tauranga.
- On the way back we will point out things of interest. keeping in mind your ship schedule. We can take you back to the ship or to the shops which are ten minutes stroll from it.
Included / Excluded on this tour
Entrances to both attractions
Lunch stop in Otorohanga at own cost.
Chilled Bottled Water
We will pick you up from outside the Port Gate at a prearranged time
Do both attractions have Guided tours.
Yes they do, Waitomo have tours every half hour and Kiwi House has tours every hour.
Is there time for Lunch.
We try to fit lunch between the two attractions.