Waitomo Glow Worm Caves and Otorohanga Kiwi / Bird Sanctuary
- On this tour we first visit the Waitomo Caves for a 1-2 hour guided tour through the Glow Worm Caves put on a great show for you when they surround you. This will intrigue you as to the silence there which is astounding. You will be taken through the caves by an experienced Guide. We suggest you wear covered footwear as the track is a little slippery in places.
- When your tour is complete we will meet you back at the Entrance/Ticket Office
- If you wish we will take you to the Kiwi House in Otorohanga where you will see our native birds,(Kiwi Bird and Kereru pigeon), animals and reptiles in their natural habitat. This walk which is disability friendly could take up to an hour and half to complete but there is no time pressure.
- There are a number of other scenic sights to see either on the way there or on the return.
- We return to Tauranga by the scenic route through some small townships and dairy farmland and also visiting lakes etc and with time permitting a drive through our beautiful city.