Waitomo Caves / Hobbiton Movie Set Combo
- We first show you our little bit of paradise. While driving through the Mount Maunganui area we will stop for photo opportunities and see our beautiful beaches with golden sands. ( Time permitting) On our way to Waitomo Caves we will be driving through some of the best scenery in New Zealand. Beautiful green farming land with lakes and rivers and forestry also an abundance of animals.
- The drive to Waitomo Caves takes approximately 2 hours with a comfort stop when required. On our arrival we will collect your reserved tickets and accompany you to where the tour starts. It is a 1-2 hr stroll through the caves (some of it will be by small boat) ending up back where you started and we will be waiting to meet you there.
- Lunch can be purchased at the Waitomo Cafe or in a quaint little café in Otorohanga just 15 mins drive up the road. (Lunch is at own cost) Time Permitting.
- Cjays then take you on a scenic country drive to Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm - Lord of the Rings set. On our arrival at Hobbiton Movie Set we obtain your reserved tickets and show you where to board the bus for a 2 hour guided tour with experienced guides and attendants.
- You travel to the movie set from the Shires Rest, as you marvel at the pristine condition the sight has been kept in. The tour is on foot so comfortable shoes are necessary.( However if you need Disability assistance please advise us so we can arrange this for you)
- Once the tour is completed and you have had your free drink at the Green Dragon, the bus will return you to Shires Rest where we are waiting for you.Continuing on a drive through our beautiful city, stopping at a special place for more photo’s and a close up view of your ship in the Harbour.
- We then take you back to your ship or to the shops which are 10 minutes walk from your ship for some retail therapy or a cold drink.